We all want to be happy, but sometimes we try too hard to go about it the wrong way. Financial security and material goods aren’t always the best ways to get happiness, and in some cases can make us more unhappy than we already are. Here are three ways you can invest in your happiness that aren’t tied to money at all!
1) Create a morning routine
A morning routine can help set the tone for the rest of your day and make it more productive and positive. Here are a few things you can do to get your day started off right:
1. Wake up at the same time each day, even on weekends. This will help regulate your body’s natural sleep rhythm and make it easier to wake up.
2. Stretch or do some light exercises as soon as you get out of bed. This will help increase blood flow and wake up your muscles.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast that includes protein and complex carbohydrates. This will give you sustained energy throughout the day.
4. Take some time for yourself, whether that means reading, meditating, or journaling.
2) Let go of negative thoughts
A lot of happiness comes from within. If you’re constantly dwelling on negative thoughts, it’ll be hard to ever feel truly happy. One way to combat this is by practicing mindfulness and being more present in the moment. This can help you catch negative thoughts before they take over and start to reframe them into something more positive. Additionally, surrounding yourself with positive people can also help alleviate some of the pressure you may feel to be happy all the time. And lastly, taking care of your physical wellbeing by eating healthy and exercising can also improve your mood and make you happier overall.
3) Spend time with happy people
When you surround yourself with people who are already happy, their good mood rubs off on you. You start to see the world through a more positive lens and naturally become happier yourself. Additionally, happy people tend to be more supportive, and can help you through tough times. So find a group of friends or family members who make you smile and stick close to them.